left corner image Our beachesCleaner seasCommunity blogOut of season FAQsBeachWise right corner image
£50 Eligibility appeal
landlords & tenants ph
Landlords who have tenants paying them for water and/or sewerage services will be expected to pass on the reduction to the tenants where the tenant's property is liable for Council Tax.

So for example this means a house divided into flats each liable for Council Tax with individual occupiers who pay through a landlord for their water and sewerage services should have the reduction passed on to them by the landlord.

Top 5 points you need to know:

  1. If you pay for water and sewerage services used by your tenants, each household liable to pay Council Tax qualifies for the £50 reduction.
  2. You must claim the reduction and tell us how many separate Council Tax paying households are covered by your bill.
  3. To claim the reduction you need to fill in a pdficon.gif icon Reseller Registration Form (60kb).  
  4. As a "reseller" of water services you have a legal responsibility to pass on the £50 reduction to your tenants.
  5. If you bill any tenants less than £50 per year for their water and sewerage charges, you will only get a reduction equal to that amount to pass on to them.

Download the pdficon.gif icon Reseller Registration Form (60kb). Copies are also included in many customers' bills going out from December 2012 to March 2013. To claim the reduction you must complete the form. If you do not complete the form your bill will not be reduced..

If other people are paying through you for water and/or sewerage services, you are a 'reseller'. For more guidance on your responsibilities as a reseller please go to http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/consumerissues/waterresale or download pdficon.gif icon A guide to water resale (110kb).

See also
'The £50 Reduction' FAQs
Common questions about 'The £50 Reduction'

foot flourish image
  Anti-slavery statement | Site Index | Terms and Conditions | Privacy and Cookies | Mobile Mode | A Pennon Group Company © South West Water Ltd