The South West is blessed with abundant natural beauty and a wealth of species and habitats ranging from moorland and forest to cascading rivers and idyllic beaches. The health of this unique environment is critical to our region's two largest industries - tourism and agriculture. It is also a key aspect of the quality of life enjoyed by those that live here.
Taking care of the environment is no small task and we do our best to limit the environmental impact of our operations while also looking at ways we can make improvements to it.
This involves a combination of:
- investment in the maintenance and improvement of our processes and assets (treatment works, supply network etc.)
- finding ecologically sensitive ways of working (in areas such as catchment management)
- managing waste products responsibly (e.g. sludge)
- taking steps to reduce our carbon footprint
- working alongside other agencies and organisations towards the shared goal of environmental protection.
We're dedicated to ensuring that the environment of our region is healthy now and in the future. In this section we'll look at some of the progress we're making as well as our plans going forward. Click here to read our Environmental Policy.