South West Water Limited provides water and waste water services to the South West peninsula of England. We have a Mission to ensure high standards of quality, efficiency and reliability which will help to meet the three key goals of:
- satisfying customers;
- sustaining and enhancing the environment;
- adding value for shareholders, employees and the communities in which we operate.
Our aim is to achieve continuous improvement in performance and work towards achieving our vision by the implementation of management systems, certified to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, ISO 27001:2005, ISO 17025:2005 and Mcerts flow monitoring.
Overall responsibility for the policy and the management systems is vested with South West Water's Board of Directors.
It is the specific responsibility of line management to ensure that the management systems are clearly defined and documented and fully implemented throughout the organisation.
All employees have a responsibility to work to the requirements of the management systems.
Our policy is:
- to comply with all legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to our business
- to set and aim to meet our environmental & quality objectives and targets throughout the organisation. Our corporate sustainability report includes year end progress against published targets;
- to continually improve our operations and environmental performance;
- to take all practical steps to prevent pollution to the natural environment;
- to develop our services in accordance with our customers expectations, within the Regulatory framework in which we operate
- to ensure that our employees work in a safe environment and are motivated and competent to meet the challenges placed upon them;
- to procure goods and services through approved suppliers and contractors whose products and services meet our requirements and whose quality, service ethic & environmental practices correspond with our own;
- to communicate openly our environmental & quality policy and sustainability performance to our stakeholders;
- to foster amongst our employees, suppliers, contractors, customers and the public and understanding of our key environmental & quality issues.