Perranporth (Penhale Sands) Beach
Cornwall, TR6 0AQ, Lat/Long 50.4N, 5.2W
Penhale Sands is a sandy beach near Newquay. It sits behind Perran Sands and together with Perranporth (Village End) they form a three-mile golden stretch of beach popular with surfers and backed by sand dunes.
- Benefits from the 1997 Perranporth Clean Sweep scheme
- Perranporth sewage treatment works offers full secondary treatment and ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from Perranporth sewage treatment works discharges to the sea approximately 2.3km southwest of the bathing water. This discharge is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- This bathing water is not affected by South West Water overflows
- Bathing water quality can be affected by other factors including urban drainage.
Local activities and interests
Swimming, surfing, snorkelling, fishing and sea canoeing. Zoning is in place for water sports.
Toilets nearby, plus lost child centre and first aid post when lifeguards are on duty.
RNLI Lifeguard service: For RNLI lifeguard season dates click here
Good Beach Guide: Perranporth (Penhale Sands)