Current reservoir levels
Reservoir levels - We monitor the levels of our reservoirs to ensure their optimum operation.
Water is a precious resource and we encourage our customers to use it wisely, whatever the weather. This not only helps the environment but also helps to keep customer bills down.
Over the past two decades, demand for water has dropped as customers have reduced the amount of water they consume, partly due to a ten-fold increase in households with meters. We have also invested heavily in:
- improving our ability to move water around the region
- reducing leakage from pipes
- increasing reservoir storage eg converting two former clay pits
- pump storage schemes at Wimbleball and Colliford to improve resilience
- increasing capacity and improving efficiency at our water treatment works
All these initiatives mean we have successfully avoided water restrictions since 1996.
The current levels of our five largest reservoirs are shown in the table below.
11 June 2017
Total reservoir storage for the week:
92,033 Ml (79.8%)
Net Capacity MI
Current Storage %
File formats include - JPEG, EPS, GIF, PDF and TIFF
Total Historic Storage