Devon, EX34 7DN, Lat/Long 51.2N 4.2W
A golden resort on the north Devon coast and a haven for swimming, surfing, windsurfing and sailing, the two and a quarter mile sandy beach offers a safe, clean environment for a family day out.
Woolacombe is the destination of choice for bathers and surfers alike. The village of Woolacombe lies at the northern end of the beach and is full of seaside shops, cafes, restaurants and B&Bs.
- Benefits from the Woolacombe Clean Sweep scheme
- Woolacombe sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection before discharge through an outfall from the beach
- There is an emergency/storm overflow from Woolacombe pumping station. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural run-off.
Local activities and interests
- Parking at Esplanade car park and Sandy Burrows car park in Challacombe Hill Road, plus Marine Drive car park in Marine Drive.
- Toilets, food and litter bins.
- Mellow, open beachbreak peaks working through the tide. Popular with longboarders and beginners.
- Lined-up high tide right off the rocks and shapely low tide peaks in the small bay of Combesgate to the north.
- Woolacombe Surf Life Saving Club.
RNLI Lifeguard service: Daily 29 April-1 October. Weekends only 7 to 15 October. October half term 21 to 29 October.
Good Beach Guide: Woolacombe Village
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget