Cornwall, EX23 8HN, Lat/Long 50.8N 4.6W
Surrounded by sand dunes, Summerleaze is a busy beach in the summer months filled with surfers and families enjoying the fine sand at low tide. Being the nearest beach to the town centre, Summerleaze has extensive facilities including tasty cuisine and plenty of parking.
Summerleaze is another popular haunt for surfers touring the Cornish coast. The waters are suitable for beginners up to experienced. Rock pools form along the coastline and the nearby canal offers an alternative walk, in addition to the South West Coastal Path and local nature reserves nearby.
- Benefits from the 2000 Bude Clean Sweep scheme
- Bude sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment before discharge through an outfall off Compass Point. This discharge is designed to protect bathing water quality
- There are four emergency/storm overflows affecting this bathing water. These overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural runoff.
Local activities and interests
- Swimming, surfing, windsurfing and walks.
- Bude Sea Pool is next to the beach.
- Parking at Summerleaze Crescent, Bude EX23 8HJ.
- Toilet facilities.
- For RNLI lifeguard season dates click here.
- No Surf Life Saving GB club at this beach ( Nearest club is Bude Surf Life Saving Club at Crooklets beach).
- Plenty of rippling waves with a tide suitable for surfing at all times, Summerleaze offers strong rips from the river.
- Surfers should watch out for rock pools at the north end of the beach which become hidden at high tide.
Good Beach Guide: Bude (Summerleaze)