Cornwall, EX23 8NE, Lat/Long 50.8N 4.6W
A Marine Conservation Society Recommended beach. Crooklets is favoured by surfers. The sandy bay is surrounded by rocks and a short distance from the equally popular Summerleaze beach and facilities in Bude town centre.
- Benefits from the 1992 Bude Clean Sweep scheme and further improvements in 2000
- Bude sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea off Compass Point and is designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is a storm overflow from Crooklets car park which can affect the bathing water. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- The urban area behind the beach is served by a combined overflow system and urban drainage can affect bathing water quality. Agricultural runoff can also affect the quality.
|Good Beach Guide||-||-||-|
Local activities and interests
Swimming, surfing, sailing, snorkelling and walks.
Parking at Crooklets Car Park, Bude. Food, toilets and shops nearby. RNLI Lifeguard service 21 May - 25 September. Bude Surf Life Saving Club.
Latest bathing water quality samples: visit the Environment Agency's website.
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget