Dawlish (Coryton Cove)
Devon, EX7 9EF, Lat/Long 50.6N 3.5W
A protected sandy cove known as Gentleman's Cove due to the shelter it offers beach users. This Marine Conservation Society Recommended resort offers a range of activities including crazy golf and bowls.
- Benefits from the 2000 Dawlish Clean Sweep scheme
- Dawlish sewage treatment works at Timaru Gardens offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea off Coryton Cove and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is an emergency overflow from Oaklands pumping station. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage.
Local activities and interests
Swimming, crazy golf, bowls, campsite and walks.
Parking at Barton Hill Car Park and Dawlish Station, Dawlish. Food, toilets and disabled facilities. There is no lifeguard service at this beach. No Surf Life Saving GB club at this beach (Nearest is Dawlish Warren Life Saving Club - Teignbridge).
Latest quality samples: visit the Environment Agency's website.
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget