Cornwall, TR7 1HY, Lat/Long 50.4N 5.1W
Famed for its surfing conditions, Fistral is a long sandy beach backed by high cliffs. A popular destination with families and surfers who enjoy the consistent waves.
- Benefits from the 2000 Newquay Clean Sweep scheme
- Newquay sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea at Towan Head and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There are storm overflows from Yellowsands and Towan Head pumping stations. These overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage.
|Good Beach Guide|
Local activities and interests
Surfing, other watersports and walks.
Parking at Fistral Beach Car Park off Headland Road, Newquay. foods, shops and campsite nearby. RNLI Lifeguard 29 April - 30 October, plus Easter weekend. Newquay Surf Life Saving Club.
Latest bathing water quality samples: visit the Environment Agency's website.
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget