Par (St Austell)
Cornwall, PL24 2AS, Lat/Long 50.3N 4.7W
Par is a large sandy resort on the south Cornish coast. The attractive harbour and scenery make it an excellent choice for a walk along the coastal path.
- Benefits from the 1993 Par Clean Sweep scheme
- Par sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea and is designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is a storm overflow from Par No.2 pumping station and an emergency overflow from Par No.1 pumping station. These overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural runoff.
|Good Beach Guide||-||-||-||-|
Local activities and interests
Boat trips, walks and horse riding.
Parking at Par Beach Car Park off Polmear Hill, Par. Food, toilets, shops nearby, campsite and pubs. There is no lifeguard service at this beach. No Surf Life Saving GB club at this beach (Nearest club is Falmouth Surf Life Saving Club at Maenporth Beach).
Latest bathing water quality samples: visit the Environment Agency's website.
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget