Cornwall, PL27 6JZ, Lat/Long 50.5N 4.9W
Located on the coastal path and offering magnificent views of the surrounding area, Rock is a sandy beach on the eastern side of the Camel estuary and opposite the town of Padstow.
- Benefits from the 1997 Camel Estuary Clean Sweep scheme
- Porthilly sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is a storm overflow from Rock pumping station. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural run-off.
|Good Beach Guide||-||-||-||-|
Local activities and interests
Sailing, windsurfing and water-skiing.
Parking at Rock Quarry Car Park, Rock Road, Rock. Food, toilets and shops nearby. There is no lifeguard service at this beach. No Surf Life Saving GB club at this beach (Nearest club is Newquay Surf Life Saving Club at Fistral beach).
Latest bathing water quality samples: visit the Environment Agency's website.
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget