Cornwall, TR7 1EA, Lat/Long 50.4N 5.1W
Close to the town centre, Towan attracts families to enjoy this sheltered sandy beach with accessible facilities nearby. The Newquay Sealife Centre is situated on the promenade and there is a small sea-filled swimming pool.
- Benefits from the 2000 Newquay Clean Sweep scheme
- Newquay sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is a storm overflow from Fly Cellars pumping station. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and runoff.
Local activities and interests
- Swimming, snorkelling and watersports.
- Parking at Fore Street Car Park and Harbour Car Park at South Quay Hill, Newquay.
- Food, toilets and shops nearby.
RNLI Lifeguard service:
- RNLI Lifeguard service: 29 April-1 October
Good Beach Guide: Towan
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget