Trevaunance Cove (St Agnes)
Cornwall, TR5 0RU, Lat/Long 50.3N 5.2W
A sand and rock beach which is completely covered at high tide. The cove is enclosed on both sides by cliffs and rocks and is popular with surfers.
- Benefits from the 1996 St Agnes Clean Sweep scheme
- St Agnes sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There are storm overflows from Cove and Peterville pumping stations. These overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- The urban area behind the beach is served by a combined overflow system
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural run-off.
Local activities and interests
Good Beach Guide: Trevaunance Cove
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget