Devon, EX7 0BS, Lat/Long 50.6N 3.5W
Close to the town centre and a good spot for a boat trip around the bay. This sandy beach is backed by red cliffs and the railway line. Dawlish Town is another popular beach for families.
- Benefits from the 2000 Dawlish Clean Sweep scheme
- Dawlish sewage treatment works at Timaru Gardens offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea off Dawlish Town beach and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is an emergency overflow from Dawlish (Royal Hotel) pumping station and storm overflows at Sea Lawns, Viaduct Storm Tank, Dawlish Breakwater and Barton Hill. These overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban and agricultural drainage.
|Good Beach Guide||-||-||-||-||-|
Local activities and interests
Swimming, fishing and boat trips.
Parking at Barton Hill Car Park, Sandy Lane Car Park and Dawlish Station, Dawlish. Food, toilets and shops nearby. There is no lifeguard service at this beach. No Surf Life Saving GB club at this beach (Nearest club is Dawlish Warren Life Saving Club - Teignbridge).
Latest quality samples: visit the Environment Agency's website
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget