Sennen (Lands End)
Cornwall, TR19 7DG, lat/long: 50.08, -5.7
Sennen Cove is 1.6 kilometres northeast of Lands End in Cornwall. It is a large sandy beach resort, approximately 940 metres wide, backed by sand dunes. There are two small streams that flow onto the beach and disperse over the sand.
- Benefits from the 2009 Sennen and Porthcurno Clean Sweep scheme
- Sennen sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment
- The outfall from Sennen Sewage Treatment Works discharges to the sea. This discharge is designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is an emergency/storm overflow from the Sennen pumping station. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural run-off.
Local activities and interests
- This beach is exposed to the Atlantic and picks up any swell. As a result the beach is popular with surfers and there is a surf school.
- Pay parking at Sennen Cove.
- Food, toilets, shops nearby.
- For RNLI lifeguard season dates click here
Good Beach Guide: Sennen