Perranporth (Village End)
Cornwall, TR6 0ND, Lat/Long 50.3N 5.2W
Situated on the north coast of Cornwall, this sandy beach resort is a good spot for a walk through the dunes overlooking the beach.
- Benefits from the 1997 Perranporth Clean Sweep scheme
- Perranporth sewage treatment works offers secondary treatment with ultraviolet disinfection
- The outfall from the works discharges to sea and is disinfected and designed to protect bathing water quality
- There is a storm overflow from Station Road pumping station. Overflows exist to protect homes, gardens, roads and open spaces from sewer flooding normally after storms
- The urban area behind the beach is served by a combined overflow system. There are no outfalls from the system onto the beach.
- Bathing water quality in this area can be affected by urban drainage and agricultural runoff.
Local activities and interests
- Swimming, surfing, snorkelling, fishing and walks.
- Parking at Beach Road Car Park, Perranporth. Toilets.
RNLI Lifeguard service: 29 April-1 October. Weekends only 7 to 15 October. October half term 21 to 29 October.
Perranporth Surf Life Saving Club.
Good Beach Guide: Perranporth Village End
This weather forecast is generated by the Met Office Weather Widget